All other games that INF Members like to play
Hawkeye
General
General
Arma 3 Game Name: INF_H@wKEYE

Star Citizen

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi all,

Star Citizen 3.1.0 has gone live. There are many changes in this patch with 1 good implantation of the Beacon service which now allows you to create a beacon for a pick up or help.
The last updates have had great fps in PTU as a lot of optimisation has gone into server side. They are still tweaking servers but everyone has been happy with frame rate although i can imagine it might be a little lower for the 1st few dates with it live to all.
I do recommend updating to this version and checking out the changes - Mobiglas is better, planets are looking even better, new ships added (if you havent seen the reclaimer wait to see this monster on the port olisar platform, its huge).

Star Citizen 3.1.0 News link

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Re: Star Citizen

Post by Mike64 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:40 pm

Gave it a try amazing 300+fps on the menu...
In the game top, I ever saw was 22 average 15 constantly dropping below 7. I was flying towards a base on a planet (something that can take a while and is boring as fuck and shouldn't be too graphically demanding) still max 15 dropping below 10 often.

Met an actual NPC that you see and talk to (REVOLUTIONARY DEAD STARES), found the Interaction with him very clunky and lacking sensible logic in conversation (could drop package I didn't have had to wait for timeout).

The personal face was lacklustre and minimalist but nice to see.
Really nice to see the button interaction is actually usable although 70% of the trader screen was impossible to see because of the massive light reflection of and the FPS drops, but at least it's decent hitboxes now.

RAGIN MIKE VERDICT: Pissed off that we are finally getting free content and not isn't £2000 ships, and evidently I didn't buy throw enough money at these monkeys to get the "playable" version. Honestly, these guys have more staff and budget than BI and only one damn game and they still suck, on the other hand, their youtube account has 1,067 videos guess that is all they do these days.

At this point, I'm going to uninstall there are playable finished games that deserve the disk space.

rhyswilliams999
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant
Arma 3 Game Name: INF_Rhys

Post by rhyswilliams999 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Now this looks good, i'd watch this as a movie, let alone a game...

http://youtu.be/VppjX4to9s4

here was a rather cool image i saw on reddit: all the ships! Image

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Well i think a lot of ppl will like the 3.3 patch..(PTU open to everyone)
It has the object steaming coding in now so it plays like a normal game with good FPS..ive got everything on the highest setting and i get FPS steady at 80-90fps

If you have the space d/l PTU as u will b able to test all ships including the corvette HAMMERHEAD and more. its running good so i expect the 3.3 to go live fairly soon but once live you will miss out on testing the ships you dont own.

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:47 am

Ok guys (for those interested), 3.3.0 has gone live.
Im very pleased with the fps as all the way through PTU they were good, felt like you were playing a single player mode. There were many crashes as they opened up certain aspects of the game but as the patches were constantly getting added we seen less and less.
They now have added ship rental although they were still balancing out the prices but at least for those that only have 1 type of ship might be able to obtain another different type of ship to open up missions you couldnt do before hand.
Now as i wright this ive not tested LIVE so not sure what the servers are like, although the PTU was open to every backer and the servers were always full so i take the stress test would have given them a good idea how the game would perform LIVE.
For those not played it in a very long time, there are a lot more to do with multiple mission givers as well as AI fps pirates to contend with at the security station with more being added within derelict ships.
We are also getting the full Stanton System in the next few weeks (3.3.5) with the next big patch 3.4 at the end of December.
Go try it out, you will be very pleased with the frame rates :)

rhyswilliams999
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant
Arma 3 Game Name: INF_Rhys

Post by rhyswilliams999 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:18 am

and that is 3.3.5 just gone live for everyone!!!

patchnotes:
Star Citizen Alpha 3.3.5 LIVE.996871 Patch Notes
pinned
discussion
Today at 05:15
Star Citizen Patch 3.3.5
Alpha Patch 3.3.5 has been released and is now available! Patch should now show: LIVE-996871.

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.

Major Known Issues:

Players may not be automatically placed into local chat on the visor.
VOIP may be inconsistent or not working properly.
Enemy AI ships often appear to not take damage.
Players may experience stuttering when initially arriving or spawning at Lorville.
Many delivery missions will not update or will have markers spawn in bad locations.

New Features
Universe

Added: New Planet - Hurston.

Hurston is the first planetary location and as such is considerably larger than moons and has varied biomes. Additionally, you will found several outposts, labed HMC (Hurston Mining Centers) scattered about the surface.

Added: New Moons - Aberdeen, Magda, Arial, and Ita and populated them with a handful of outposts.
Added: Seven Additional rest stops.
Added: New Major Landing Zone - Lorville

Lorville is a large city area and as such only has one legal area for landing and port entry. Space above residential and commercial areas are protected by a no-fly zone. Players will be warned when they are entering that zone via HUD warnings, visual indicators, and increasing audio alerts. If they continue into the zone, their ship will be destroyed. The city has a bar with an interactive bartender and a personal equipment shop (Tammany and Sons) that includes an early implementation of the multi-tool. To move around the city, there is a train style transit system and signs to help guide the way.

Added: Hurston clothing/armor variants including variants of the Odyssey II flight suit and the Virgil TrueDef-Pro Armor.
Players now have expanded interactions with some items.

Feature Updates
Ships and Vehicles

Updated some ship and vehicle headlights for better projection.

Bug Fixes

Landing markers on Port Olisar should no longer appear to flicker.
Cargo boxes should no longer become stuck to the player's feet/legs.
AI at Kareah should no longer become unresponsive or locked in a position.
Admins should now consistently interact and respond to players.
Ships in shops should no longer vibrate or be able to be knocked over.
The Cyclone at Teach's ship shop should now be purchasable.
Players should no longer be able to turn the headlights on/off or raise landing gear for ship displays.
Selecting loadout customization from the lobby of Star Marine should now take you to the correct location.
Respawn UI should no longer remain on the screen after a Star Marine match ends.
The Starfarer should now more consistently talk to the player during ECN missions.
Crusader security should now more consistently talk to the player during patrol missions.
Round starts should now reset the player to their default weapons in Star Marine.
Fixed an issue where the Arena Commander region would default to AUS or be blank after the player exits to menu.
Single click firing should no longer cause some FPS weapons to skip recoil.
Battaglia missions should now properly award UEC.
Fixed an issue where the mobiGlas wouldn't open while in EVA.
Quantum travel wingtip trails should now consistently appear on ships.
Corrected several ships that had the wrong sized quantum drives including Cutlass (now 2), Constellation (now 2), and Caterpillar (now 3).
The appointment mission for Recco Battaglia should now have a full mission description.
Players should no longer suffocate when reloading into a new instance of Arena Commander.
Plotting a QT jump from orbit to a surface location should no longer create a redundant destination to orbit as the first point.
Fix for an issue where aligning with a quantum destination prior to complete recharge would cause a calibration failure.
Fixes for some of the missing ATC audio.

Technical

Fixed 6 client crashes.
Fixed 2 server crashes.
Temporary fix to alleviate some 15006 errors.

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm

TBH im surprised they released it so soon (deadline was for this Friday, another few days would have made a big difference in my eyes) as we got to patch 3.3.5g & there were still many bugs. 1 was the memory leak when you were on Hurston Lorville shipping port which would kill your frame rates.
This was only just last nights update so i think there will be a shit storm on its live for at least another few weeks while they tweak.
Other than that back at Port Olisar & the surrounding moons the fps is fantastic

But at least now we are starting to travel a system :)

Mearcat
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Post by Mearcat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 pm

I'll be jumping on this soon.

As most will find out I'll be off for 2 weeks whilst I build the new desk. Hoping to have most other games finished before the build which means much spare time over christmas. So fingers crossed most of the big bugs fixed by then.
Cannot be bargaining with, blackmailed, bullied, manipulated or ruled over.
Liberate te ex inferis, Voca vestri Hits!
High velocity Tungsten solves any terrorist problem

Mearcat
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Post by Mearcat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:30 am

3.3.7 running.

Just need to get the controllers re attached now and then come 17th....

BOGEY, 5 O'CLOCK MARK 10!

:D
Cannot be bargaining with, blackmailed, bullied, manipulated or ruled over.
Liberate te ex inferis, Voca vestri Hits!
High velocity Tungsten solves any terrorist problem

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Star Citizen Alpha 3.4.1 LIVE.1029815 Patch Notes

Yesterday at 19:15
Star Citizen Patch 3.4.1
Alpha Patch 3.4.1 has been released and is now available to test! Patch should now show: LIVE-1029815.

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.

Major Known Issues:
Several ships will randomly open their canopies with no player input, most notably after quantum travel.
Players will become locked to ship seats when using crash recovery. W/A: Land at a station and logout and back in.
Mission markers vanish permanently when using crash recovery.
VOIP is off by default and will need to be activated manually by the player using the comms app of the mobiGlas.
Feature Updates
Bug Fixes
The turret aim/view cone UI should now be restored.
FOIP should now work over direct calls.
Free look head tracking should no longer be active in P2P calls even if it is set to off.
The personal elevator on the 600i should now extend all the way down.
Turrets should no longer roll when hitting rotation limits.
Turrets should no longer rotate to 0 position when entered for the first time.
Hammerhead turrets should now have a working alternative firemode.
FOIP/VOIP should now properly transmit.
Large layers of liquid like shadows should no longer appear on planetary surfaces.
Mission markers should now consistently populate after accepting a mission.
Players should now be able to interact with the discs at the downed relays.
Technical
Fixed a client crash.
Fixed 6 server crashes.