Post by Bangie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:33 pm

If someone wants to ban us from servers they can use our UIDs

Hawkeye
General
General
Arma 3 Game Name: INF_H@wKEYE

Re: INF Patches mission code

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:37 pm

ok how about editing the original post to show you are working on a script instead of displaying it? If you dont want to do that ill move it over to the squad general chat

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:37 pm
ok how about editing the original post to show you are working on a script instead of displaying it? If you dont want to do that ill move it over to the squad general chat
Actually it doesn't matter whether or not you edit the original as i have noticed the INF Mission Development is public also.

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:17 pm

Ok i have done some testing on my own with issues i thought was that the patch script was not working correctly.
This is mainly for you Bangie as just in case you test it when you are on your own.

When i 1st jumped into our Bootcamp the script worked great, i jumped back & forth into the lobby changing positions & every time i had the correct insignia on (great stuff).
However!! Once leaving the server then rejoining i spawned with NO insignia attached, many times i jumped back & forth into the lobby but still no luck. At this point i was convinced it didn't work correctly.
Rhys joined me & behold the patch worked, i left, Rhys rejoined & he also then noticed no insignia attached to his arm. I then rejoined the Bootcamp (Rhys still in) then both of us then noticed the insignia attached to our arms once more.
So it appears that your script does work but only when more than 1 player is within the Bootcamp (more testing with more members will better confirm this). Not sure if thats the way its suppose to work but that's fine as its only really needed to work when members are in :)

Just thought id give you a heads up on our findings.

Bangie
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant
Arma 3 Game Name: Bangie

Post by Bangie » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:05 am

Cheers for the feedback, it just seems very unpredictable when it does or does not work. The insignias themselves have always had locality issues in game, we experienced a few when loading them from the arsenal, so it may be an issue out of my control. However, I will keep working on this to make it more predictable.

P.S. I would love to gets Mike's opinion on what I've done as I have a nagging feeling that there is something obvious I have failed to do. We shall have to see when he returns from the break.

rhyswilliams999
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant
Arma 3 Game Name: INF_Rhys

Post by rhyswilliams999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 am

I don't think so, unless some one wanted to create malicious code against specific people. The Id's are not personally identifiable, but are player specific.

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Post by Mike64 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:01 pm

Maybe we can make this run on the server via the server config: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arm ... _Scripting
May spend some time messing with it.

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:51 pm

Bangie here is Amos's player ID - 76561198011263931

Also when Amos & I joined the Bootcamp (i know his wouldnt show) mine didnt load on my arm but we will give it a better test on Thursdays meeting.

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Mike64 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:01 pm
Maybe we can make this run on the server via the server config: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arm ... _Scripting
May spend some time messing with it.
That would be fantastic as then we wouldn't need to add it to the missions as every time we ran the server it would load no matter what we were doing :)

Hawkeye
General
General

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:42 pm

I decided to add the INF_Auto_Patches to the resistance server so when members joined the server the patch to be added to their arm (if outfit permitted it). However an error accrued which caused the player to join the server or even allow the server to run.
When you tried to join and to run the mission it would come up with this error 'Bad Vehicle type tf_rt1523g' any idea why this happens? It looks like it will stop us running it on any server or mission we want.