Resistance [Pub server]

This is the place to add all your created missions, showing its status etc and also requesting additional help
Hawkeye
General
General
Arma 3 Game Name: INF_H@wKEYE

Re: Resistance [Pub server]

Post by Hawkeye » Tue May 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Bangie wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:23 pm
Mike64 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:38 pm

So they have taken a vehicle that isn't an MHQ and moved it to the MHQ and then are TP back and that vehicle moves back to base right? At first thought, this isn't a bug the base stuff is designed to move back to base if abandoned (maybe just a case of relooking and the abandoned settings now we know more about the players)

while useful I'm not sure its worth the development time to do properly.

seems like a smart Idea.

One other thing I was thinking of looking at is removing TFAR radios and stuff so it's not required (even optionally) in the mission, this would give us the functionality to run non-TFAR nights and avoid the error coming on the connection.

Yeah the TFAR is a good idea, I gather from that statement that it would still be able to be used just not is the mission as standard. But anyway, I think it's a good idea.
No he means it would be totally removed so could not be used as the key would also be removed so u couldn’t even load it up.

Me personally, I hate the idea not being able to use TFAR but if this helps for public players joining & playing on our servers then I’ll go along with it!! 🤪

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Post by Mike64 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:21 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:52 pm
Bangie wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:23 pm
Mike64 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:38 pm

So they have taken a vehicle that isn't an MHQ and moved it to the MHQ and then are TP back and that vehicle moves back to base right? At first thought, this isn't a bug the base stuff is designed to move back to base if abandoned (maybe just a case of relooking and the abandoned settings now we know more about the players)

while useful I'm not sure its worth the development time to do properly.

seems like a smart Idea.

One other thing I was thinking of looking at is removing TFAR radios and stuff so it's not required (even optionally) in the mission, this would give us the functionality to run non-TFAR nights and avoid the error coming on the connection.

Yeah the TFAR is a good idea, I gather from that statement that it would still be able to be used just not is the mission as standard. But anyway, I think it's a good idea.
No he means it would be totally removed so could not be used as the key would also be removed so u couldn’t even load it up.

Me personally, I hate the idea not being able to use TFAR but if this helps for public players joining & playing on our servers then I’ll go along with it!! 🤪
Lol this chain!
No I mean remove the TFAR items from the mission, If we wanted to play with TFAR the mod just has to be loaded on the server but then we are stuck with default radios. It just gives us a little more flexibility.

mADDOG
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mADDOG » Thu May 31, 2018 1:18 pm

can someone totally restart the Resistance server - it appears to be borked - just get stuck in black screen hearing lapping water, when I try to log in - it didn't seem to restart properly yesterday after we completed re-taking the island when Mike tried to switch it to Tanoa version? That mission does not seem to be properly set up on our Public Server at the moment - so I guess back to Altis? I am also told there is a Malden version - that might be worth a try?
Do not go quietly into the night! Rage - Rage against the dying of the light!
So you are prepared to die for your beliefs? Let me help you with that!
Illegitimi non carborundum!

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Post by Mike64 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Malden Hotfix:
Removed CBA dependency
Moved teleport to top of list at main base flag

NB: looks the server is still configured for Altis (I can't change it using my profile) can someone change it as a rebooted the server.

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Post by Mike64 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:10 pm

So last night this was released: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1527410521
And of course, I remembered Rhys wanted an RHS version and this map kinda makes sense for it.
For now, it's going to be kept random and we are going to look into factions to make sure it's not all AK's.

But I'm interested in how you would feel about making it more of an active front line in terms of something like the west is US and East is Russian (with independent factions in the middle-ish.

In the meantime I'm going look into improving on the way zones are setup (remove random ones) and hopefully come up with something that can make Tanoa playable (thanks BI for putting all the town names out to sea)
And improving how we port between maps looking at a single config file that should be all you need to change in terms of code.

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Post by Mike64 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Testing Version: 3.4.0 RC1
Locations: TS3 Editing / Rhys's server
https://github.com/john681611/resistanc ... ag/3.4.0R1

Major Refactor of file structure!
Increase Zone Height to 150m
Improve the town manager
Add exceptions for forest and hill locations
Add map configuration system
Simplified Rules
Base core Teleporter (Teleporta-loo) and Signs
► Show Spoiler
I've made a seriously big change to how the files are sorted. So i would like to test and get feedback before I make this a release.

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Post by Mike64 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Testing Version: 3.4.0 RC2
Locations: TS3 Editing (rhys server down)
https://github.com/john681611/resistanc ... ag/3.4.0R2

Improve Billboard image
Convert custom zones into minefields with loot (Altis only atm)
Replaced ammo depo, for Arsenal (for barby doll stuff) and a large single box for limited stuff (space for general storage too)
Marker cleanup
Disable damage on Malden base buildings (may expand to more if needed)

Mike64
Master Sargeant
Master Sargeant

Post by Mike64 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Testing Version: 3.4.0 RC3
Locations: TS3 Editing/ Rhys
https://github.com/john681611/resistanc ... ag/3.4.0R3

Fix uniform boxes where trap due to simulation being off
Fix MHQ's breaking on respawn.